Seeing Red

Weezer's new album dropped today. I've always liked the band (the blue album gets multiple plays every week). Lately I've had a hankering for songs like "El Scorcho" and "Photograph" in anticipation.

If you haven't seen the video for the first single on the new album, "Pork and Beans", peep it here:



(See how many Internet People you can name.... And have I mentioned that Chris Crocker is from my neck of the woods?)

The new album is very autobiographical in a lot of ways (see "Pork and Beans", "Heart Songs"). Highlights for me are songs like "Troublemaker" and "Dreamin'" that hearken back to early Weezer. This album is by far one of the most diverse. You can see elements of all of their previous work, but it breaks some new ground as well. On first listen, I love all of the songs, even the bonus tracks (I downloaded from iTunes). The bonus tracks are more organic, and in some ways darker (especially "The Spider").

Overall it's a very well put together album. By far it's the best new album (maybe the only new album) I've purchased in a long time. Geek rock is still in full effect, and I couldn't be happier. Now if only Cake would do another album.... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.