Great Weekend

Very good weekend--relaxing. Friday was a little hectic, mostly because of the haircut in the middle of the workday. That and the buttmonkey air conditioning guy who didn't show up. :-(
No matter. We still rocked Rambo and a little GTA IV.

Saturday was by far one of the best days in a long time. Morning internet surfing, a quick shower, and hanging with friends. Kelly and I went to see Sex and the City. Honestly, I have to say, I totally expected to hate it, but I was morbidly curious since I watched the series. All in all it was a decent movie. Certainly not the best movie I've ever seen by any stretch, but something I'm glad I saw. The funniest part was the array of young East TN cosmopolitans dressed in their versions of Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte. (The funniest part or the scariest part? You be the judge.) I gotta admit that was the first time I felt underdressed for a movie at the mall. My quick review? If you're a fan of the show, you'll enjoy it. I had to put my girl hat on and not roll my eyes too much at the histrionics that seemed to ensue at every turn. There were moments that I wanted to yell at the screen, "You're overreacting! And you're not listening to anything! Stop it!!!" Other parts of the movie I enjoyed. There are no mysteries, of course, but the ride is fun. I think the most fun part was just having some girl time, and the extended preview of Mamma Mia! was totally worth the price of admission. I so can't wait to go see that one.

After the movie, we met the boys for dinner, and they were waiting with presents and flowers. Nothing can top that. As much as I used to enjoy being a single gal, having a husband is like no other.

Sunday was total relaxation. Breakfast and Underdog (yes, I totally have a thing for Jason Lee, even as a dog), then lounging around and just being us. A great early dinner and some Halo 3, then more relaxation. And last night I got the best night's sleep. Dunno why, but it was fantastic!

Today wasn't actually a bad day. I had to train a technical writer for 4 hours, so that was pretty tiring, and I don't really feel like I accomplished more than that. I was busy enough not to have time to rock the iPod today, so I must have done something. Luckily I don't have to train tomorrow, so I'll be able to get some busy work done. I'm just pumped about next Friday and our excursion to Fun Expedition to play for 6 hours or so. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.