Friday already?

Wow, this week flew by! (Not that that's a bad thing.) It's hot outside, and work is over (if you're on the east coast), so stay inside and game. That's right XBox Live fans, it's time for another live 1 vs 100 tonight at 10 p.m. ET. I've only played one night of extended play this week, so I'll be anxious to see how that affects my chances to be the One or in the mob. I'll laugh if I get in right away.

My high score is no more. SwimRef has passed me at this point by about 2 million, and that's totally fine with me. I'm not sure how the next season is going to go, but the schedule for Extended Play has gotten ridiculous. I'm a girl who loves her trivia, but after being passed (due in part to SwimRef's sick skills and to the fact that Canadians get more extended play) and having to answer duplicate questions from the night before, I decided to take a break. Am I sad about not having the highest lifetime score? Nah. I can still keep up with the best of them. I've waded through a pile of nasty messages, party invites and friend requests, and I've made some friends along the way (big shoutout to my friends to the north: mutant dog 123, stilladream, and SwimRef--you guys rock!). I was surprised when I logged into Live via PC to find that I still have a minor bit of celebrity going. I'm still getting a few friend requests here and there.

The good news is that 1 vs 100 is fun. I had a blast getting on Monday night and getting in a party with a bunch of my friends. I'm hoping to do that again tonight. Honestly, though, I have mixed feelings about the beta ending. Sure, it's fun, but there's way too much out there if you want to defend a lifetime score title. Plus, I'm looking forward to getting back to some Halo!

Speaking of games, I had to write a Rock and Roll Jeopardy! game for work. We played it today, and it was pretty successful. A few bugs to work out if we play it again, but all in all people had fun. Pair that with karaoke, and it made for a nice afternoon.

2 Comments:

  1. CanadianBurger said...
    Hey Geeky... I'm traveling this week, so I will probably lose the lifetime high score as well. I managed to get picked as The One on Saturday, but I choked early! Damn that Law & Order! I was in the Mob a few games later, and I think there were 10 of us left when The One bombed out.

    It was cool to have the 12 million, but it was a lot of work playing every EP. I think I may enjoy the break, if withdrawal doesn't set in. One thing I won't miss is all the hate mail from the many morons out there. Having to wade through over 100 messages and friend requests every night gets tiring.

    I am looking forward to the launch of the real game. I hope to hook up with you for a game or two.

    SwimRef
    j said...
    I have a really great Jeopardy template I use for my students all the time. It has old school Alex (pre-salt and pepper, still with the 'stache), sounds, and looks like the real deal. It's a PowerPoint, so I'm not sure what your AVI capabilities are, but it's pretty rocking. I will email it to you.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.