Why I Left Plurk Behind

I noticed last night when posting that my Plurk karma is now down to 0. Considering I haven't posted anything to Plurk since November, I'm not surprised. When I joined Plurk, I loved it. I enjoyed posting little blurbs about what I was doing at the moment, and seeing what others were doing. Then I realized something. I was spending more time Plurking about things than actually doing them. Even if I was watching TV, I was Plurking about what I was watching, to the point where I would miss things. Don't get me wrong, I do love the internets, and I love sticking my nose in a laptop to blog or catch up on Facebook. I just felt like I was missing something, like the more I tried to up my karma on Plurk, the more damage I did to my own karma. I guess it's a little strange to wax philosophical on something so trivial, but I'm having one of those "OMG, the world's going to end soon and I'm not getting any younger, I need to make some changes and/or follow some dreams or I'm never going to do it" days.

Now I realize I need to go back, but in moderation. I did make some friends there, and I do miss the interaction. I just don't need to spend scads of time there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.