Way past my bedtime

I'm so going to pay for this tomorrow, but I'm still awake at midnight. Just a couple of thoughts to take you through the wee hours:

  1. Nothing compares to Billie Holiday's voice singing "Lover Man". She is silky and sad and I am always amazed at how much that song soothes my soul.
  2. I'm terrified but optimistic, even if my world comes apart tomorrow because I know that even if times get really tough, I have people who love me, I have mad skills that someone will want to give me a job to utilize, and I've got geeky stuff to occupy my worried mind.
Speaking of, I just saw a longer trailer for Coraline, and I'm excited. After reading the first 2 issues of Sandman: The Dream Hunters, I'm a fan of Neil Gaiman. Brad started reading Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes (the first trade paperback of Sandman stories), and he said it could be one of the best series he's ever seen.

Tonight's episode of Smallville made our little geeky heads almost explode. After dropping the show last season during the Stride episode, I'm back this season. It's no surprise the stories are good with Geoff Johns at the writing helm. He can take anything in the DC Universe, no matter how obscure and make it interesting.

Bargain alert: I was cruising my favorite store in the whole wide world (The Great Escape--remind me to post my love letter later). They have expanded their online endeavors and have an ebay store. You can find some really great deals on used vinyl, CDs, DVDs, books, and comics! I found several Silver Age comics on my wishlist and am planning on purchasing a few this weekend. It's not as good as driving to Nashville to the actual store, but it might do.

I seriously have to go to bed. G'night, gentle readers!

1 Comment:

  1. USMC Sis said...
    I still haven't caught up with Season 7 (or was it 8? — whichever one was most recently released for general consumption) of Smallville. I keep telling myself that I'm going to pick it back up, then I always forget. I'm a few discs into it, and I just can't get my head around why they can't kill Lois off and have Chloe assume her identity. Seriously, folks — Clark and Chloe need some more time to face-suck, I swear! Although, I'm sure your geekitude will quickly correct me. But when has TV/silver screen ever followed the DC or Marvel Universes perfectly? I'm all for Chloe/Clark, just like I'm rooting for a big Tony/Pepper scene in the next Iron Man movie even though I know Pepper gets with Happy (*le sigh*). But c'mon ... Robert Downey, Jr. (as Tony Stark) is too sexy for Gwyneth Paltrow (as Pepper Potts) to NOT kiss!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.