So far this weekend has been just what the Geeky Vixen ordered. I finished up work Friday afternoon about 4 (actually a couple hours later than I intended), and Brad and I went out for sushi and shopping. Sushi was amazing, as it always is at Edo's (I had a tempura veg roll, a spicy tuna roll, and a dynamite roll...yum!). We decided to hit Target and browse for a while. I lingered in electronics looking at this cool Skullcandy XBox headset. I'm still not sure about it. While Brad was checking out the action figs, I headed to the furniture to visit the Sami Hayek office furniture I've been eyeing. When checking out the clearance endcap, I saw it. This table:



It has a glass top, side bins and a shelf, as you can see. The table retails for $60 bucks regular price. The price tag on this? $15. Oh, but you better believe I babysat that thing until Brad finally made it around with the shopping cart. I also picked up a picture frame/photo album combo and a photo frame with a storage drawer on the bottom (also from the Sami Hayek collection). These were $5 and $3.75, respectively. So for less than $30, I got a revamp for the living room and somewhere to store the baby pics my mom gave me. I am in love with the table, as the side bins provide great storage for the various XBox and Wii controllers that normally clutter up the couch and coffee table. Plus, by moving the end table we did have where the new table is, I was able to properly display my Tara McPherson Hellboy and have a place to store my gorgeous laptop.

So the living room looks great. The kitchen, however, is a mess. :)

I got up this morning and was generally lazy until Brad got home from his adventures with helping Brett move a new TV cabinet and then dealing with a tow truck when Josh's van's steering got messed up. I finally dragged myself into the shower and got ready. After a quick stop at Hero's Headquarters, we had lunch/dinner (linner? dunch?) at Cootie Brown's for some steak and shrimp for me, and steak and chicken for Brad. It was quite possibly the best meal I've had in a loooooong time. And I was geniunely hungry for it, which is good, considering my stomach hasn't really growled in a few months (my appetite got really messed up when my mom was in the hospital). Then we made a couple more stops and went to Kroger to pick up some random groceries. We got home about 7:30ish, and crashed on the couch, watched some TV and played a few games of Halo with the boys. I cleaned up my yarn and sent some half-assed projects to the frog pond, and tried to find a project to start.

All in all, it was a pretty perfect Saturday. Tomorrow we're going to see Tropic Thunder with the fellas. Oh, wait, it is tomorrow. So later today. 

That being said, I should hit the hay. G'night, gentle readers!

2 Comments:

  1. Kim said...
    Cool table :)

    I have fossil pics on my blog is you wanna see :)
    Kim said...
    err if..you know what I mean!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.